Though we hate to admit it, all of us lose a little collagen and elastin in our skin with each year we grow older, which leads to fine lines, wrinkles, dullness, large pores and other issues. Fortunately, thanks to modern aesthetic technology, we can slow this natural aging process by proactively treating our skin to revitalizing treatments like Morpheus8 RF microneedling, chemical peels or IPL, all of which help to stimulate new collagen and elastin growth from within, revealing smoother texture, tighter pores, brighter, more even skin tone and diminished fine lines.
Here’s the thing, though: Aging also leads to volume loss. While we LOVE skin resurfacing treatments for smoothing and brightening our skin, we often need something more to help replenish a loss of volume in the face. Morpheus8 and other skin resurfacing treatments certainly help a lot, but when a patient needs more of a lifting and plumping effect to reverse the subtle “falling” of their facial contours, we may recommend dermal fillers or a thread lift.
As you may already know, fillers and threads are two of the most popular and proven non-surgical volume enhancers on the market. The main issue for all of us is deciding which treatment our skin needs. Do you need a thread lift or dermal fillers, or both? Here’s a breakdown of these treatments so you can learn more. Be sure to call us at (702) 778-6886 for any questions!
Dermal fillers are ideal for:
● Almost any age group
● Mild to moderate volume loss
● They can plump lips, smooth lip lines (smoker’s lines), enhance/lift cheeks, diminish nasolabial folds and marionette lines, and define the jawline.
● Immediate benefits. Instant gratification is one of the many benefits of dermal fillers, which are made of a smooth gel packed with a modified form of hyaluronic acid (HA) molecules. Upon injection, your skin immediately plumps up and wrinkles smooth out. It can take up to a week for the fillers to fully settle into your facial contours and for any swelling to subside.
Thread lifts are ideal for:
● Moderate to severe volume loss, improving jowls, slimming the jawline and diminishing nasolabial folds
● Anyone looking to lift and smooth lax skin on the face, neck or chest
● Immediate — and gradual — benefits. Once inserted, your PDO threads will provide an immediate lifting and smoothing effect, with further improvements appearing once any swelling has fully subsided.
● Long-lasting results. Once the threads dissolve, your skin continues to generate new collagen and elastin, resulting in long lasting age-defying improvements.
● People who need more lifting than plumping. While fillers are wonderful for many, there is such a thing as too much filler. Too much filler can distort a person’s natural facial symmetry. For patients who desire a lifting and tightening effect without surgery and without adding volume, thread lifts are an ideal solution.
A combination treatment with threads and fillers is ideal for:
● Anyone needing a volume boost with lifting and tightening. Our team can achieve optimal, balanced results through a multi-targeted approach with strategic treatment pairings.
Are you interested in learning more about PDO threads and fillers? We can’t wait to help you! Best of all, you can save this month while we’re offering 15% off PDO thread lifts! We’re also offering a Lift and Fill Package for the neck with Radiesse®, Botox® and PDO threads! To get started, please call (702) 778-6886 or request a personal consultation online today.